Saturday, December 21, 2013

18 Years of Friendship

When I think of you, I think of:
Snow College... Intramural flag football, girls, Gary's uncanny wit.
Utah State...Oakridge, wondering what in the hell Jared was doing, Biology, BYU football game, watching you fall in love with Jenni (and watching the other girl's heartbreak over it), blowing a hole through the wall with a shotgun and so many more.
After college...golfing (you witnessing my hole in one at Spanish Oaks), duck hunting, buying 4 wheelers on a whim (probably weren't as financially set as we thought), softball.  I could go on and on, so many memories.
Every time that I have ever needed help from you with anything, you've always been there.  Painting my Tooele home and building my Millville house just to name a couple.
You are who I always wanted to become.  I was a person who had some bad habits early in life, you never one time told me to change, you just led by example and later in life I followed.  I've relied on you for the serious stuff like  financial advice and also for the fun stuff like finding me the right hunting equipment.
We've always been told that we are very similar in demeanor, but that probably just me trying to be like you. 
We've shared some of the same trials in our lives, and the way you handled your trials has helped me with mine.
I am so grateful for your friendship and the memories we have with each other.  You are a great man and I am honored to be your friend. It makes me sick to watch you go through this but our Heavenly Father must have a plan for you. I know that you can beat this and when you do, it will be time for us to make some more memories!

I love you man!
Brett
 

No comments:

Post a Comment