Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cheesy Mission Pictures


Bryce,

Where do I start?  I met Mr. Muscles in 1994 in San Diego California on my mission...no, I didn't give him that nickname, he gave it to himself.  I always admired Bryce and was so excited when I was told that Bryce was coming to Del Mar to be the Zone Leader and would be my companion.  Bryce told me the very first day, we are going to work our butts off, we are going to be obedient to EVERY rule, and most importantly we are going to have fun!  I remember being nervous that he was too strict and too good of a missionary for me.  After the first couple of days I could tell he was exactly what I needed to steer me in the right direction and help me be the person that I wanted to be.  He was my idol.  I looked up to him in every way.  He was the missionary that EVERYONE wanted to be like.  We had some success in an area that hadn't had any success, so they kept us together for nearly 6 months!  An eternal friendship had been born!  I thought of Bryce as more of my brother, he is blood, family forever.  I have many fond memories with Bryce, but one of my favorite to trll is when the apartment complex we lived in offered a free 8 x 10 picture for all the tenants.  Bryce was so excited!  i was shocked!  i hated getting my picture taken and he really wanted to do this.  So after some convincing, Bryce and I went to get our picture taken.  the photographer took a couple pictures and Bryce said, "oh crap! switch me sides, this is my good side!". I truly thought he was kidding, but he wasn't!!! So that is the picture I am sharing! Bryce, you truly are my HERO!!!!  Bryce, you are a modern day Job!  I love you more than you will ever know!  It breaks my heart to see you in pain and suffering!  If there was any way I could take away any of your pain I would do it!  It was an honor to be able to sleep over with you the other night and have a good long talk about life!  Lean on me buddy, I am here for you!  I have so much faith in miracles and I believe in YOU!  I'm here whenever you need!  You truly are my brother and I love you!  Keep the faith bro, we have a lot more memories to make!  I love you!  Psalms 23!!! Love, Big "T" Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment