Wednesday, December 25, 2013

3MTA3

Bryce..... Oh the memories, were to start! 9th grade football, the Bronco, your 68 mustang, the bug, the 56 ford, the grey Nissan, the Ranger holy cow memory lane, "Cruzin down the street in my 64....
Humpty, dumpty sat on the wall......, he was once a thought from around the way..... oh I could go on and on!!!!! the Delfa rolls big chills, dancing, cruising, launching water balloons, getting arrested, laughing, crying, golfing, basketball, football, hunting, sluffing, camping, lake Powell, flirting, did I mention Flirting!! You were always the ladies man! OK you got there attention we (Jared, Jeremy and I) usually ended up doing the talking!!! Ha ha  ha! Man on man could we write a book! Oh did I mention skipping work to go duck hunting, limiting out on ducks we never shot!!! Turkey hunting, Elk hunting, Deer Hunting!!!! But over the years there is one lesson you taught me that I will forever be grateful for! Remember 1992 after a basketball practice we had come home to change, may dad had purchased a new truck! I asked if he would let us take it down on main street for a lap, delfa roll and a Pepsi I'm pretty sure!!! anyway he said no, and I kept hounding him finally he kinda snapped and told me know in a very stern voice! I turned and we walked out and got in the ranger and I was murmuring in a not so nice way!!! You reached over grabbed me by my turtle neck, (cause I'm sure that's what I had on) and spun me around, looked me in the eyes and said," Don't you ever talk about your Dad like that! Do you know what I would give to have my dad to come home too! to talk too, to have him ask how my practice was, or even borrow 20$ from?" That night forever changed my life and my relationship with my dad! Bryce you have always been a great example too me! You have been a true friend, a hard worker! you have always stood for what is right and a true believer of Christ! I am proud to call you brother & friend!!! Look I wouldn't have a senor picture in guess overalls with one strap hanging off that I paid 80$ hard earned dollars for if it hadn't been for you!!!!! Yes folks it was the days of the pegged leg folded up pants, Gerbaud or however you spell those jeans, air Jordan's and guess overalls!!! Bryce I love you as a brother, keep your head up high!!! Your a Thompson!!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!
Love you! Brian
 



No comments:

Post a Comment