Saturday, December 21, 2013


Bryce my brother, it takes a long time to grow an old friend.  25 years, what a start...the stories...the time…the memories!   I cherish the many hours on the football field, the “few” nights at the “GAY” (laughing at the window view from the parking lot), mission times (you reminding me of who I am and then helping me “get home” with a little Pearl Jam on the way to Dover), apartment on Grant Ave. (your chicken game with Union Pacific), mountain bike trails (you laughing at me when I crash), going to Utah State on a whim (getting our butts handed to us by Dr. Brodie in biology), the pool games I let you win (I think you are still up a couple games), your deep ball (intramural football champs),  seeing how high we could stack the garbage before Palmer took it out, dressing drag at Tony Roma’s (I think the cook is still talking about that day – he had a crush on you, I am sure of it), showing off your shotgun skills to Jenny, watching you give your heart to her and raise a beautiful family, at my side through the good and the bad, marriage, baby blessings, birthdays and there are so many more memories to come. 
I ache knowing what you have been through and are now going through.   Superman has nothing on you!  The road ahead will come.  You have passed through it once before, you got it.  Before you know it we’ll be talking about our grand kids while we sit in a fishing boat…

Stay strong my friend, keep the faith…your miracle will come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment