Friday, December 20, 2013

where to start


Wishing I had a picture of you and I, now that it comes down to it, but I suppose the next best thing is a picture of our sons, who after all are the reason we became friends to begin with. 

I have a lot of memories with you Bryce, countless hotel rooms shared {Audrey just commented on how dirty that sounds}, long road trips, your wife texting to ensure we were sleeping rather than driving, you watching me on 5 hour energy, countless hours watching the boys practice, hundreds of tournaments, you asking to get kicked out of a tournament, golf games, but my favorite memory is when we went turkey hunting ......

Upon driving through the gate near my cabin, we saw turkeys running across the road, you jumped out of the truck with your gun, hit some ice, and there you went 6'8" 280 lbs of steroid muscle hits the ground, ice takes you down like a rock. Your feet and gun in the air and the turkeys spooked away. 

Dont give up, you have so much to fight for and I need a few more good memories {and perhaps a picture} with you. We are all praying for a miracle at my house. 
-Nate O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment