Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Alaska

My best memory of time spent with Bryce was when he came to Alaska with his brothers, friends, and other family members. I do not remember exactly what year that was as I'm not good at remembering those things. But, I'll never forget the fun it all was. My son, Brian, married Meagan and so we became "family". That is an honor and a privilege and I'm proud of that. I love having the Thompsons as family!!! Ric called me one day and asked if they could stay with us. I said that I would be mad if the didn't stay with usl So, Bryce, Randy, Ric, ass't. friends, other miscellaneous family all headed to Anchorage arriving at various times on various days. By the time everyone finally got into town and got settled at our house, we had 10 overnight guests!! We had them in every corner possible. At some point, Bryce and Randy, took their cots and went to the garage to sleep. They said it was too hot in the house. I let them borrow my Durango to go fishing down on the Kenai Peninsula. Not long after their trip, I found a receipt for gas and it came to $100.00 !! Gas was rather high that summer. I think Bryce and Randy had buddy passes and had to wait for available seats to fly back to SLC. We dropped them off at the airport and I later found out that they weren't able to get seats on the plane that day....or the next day...or the next day. Rather than call us to stay with us, they just hung out at the airport for a number of days. They may have had to finally buy a full price ticket to get home. I'm not sure, but I think that is how it all turned out. It was so much fun for us to have them stay with us and I'm glad they got to see why we love living here. And, Bryce and Randy, we would love to have you come again. We are going to look forward to seeing you here again soon. Sending Love, Prayers, and Hugs, Carla and Bob Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment