Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Memories that make me Smile. :)


Dear Bryce,

I have so many memories of you that I do not even know where to start. I am so thankful that the Lord had it worked out that my family could live next to your family for all the years we did. You guys are such a blessing to me!! I am thankful for all the funny stories you would tell and the jokes you made and the times you would tease me about silly things like swimming or the day when I would learn to drive or other random things to just make us all laugh. That is one of my favorite things about you... You always looked for ways to put a smile on my face and the faces of those you cared about. You never forgot to ask me how I was doing or what I was learning in school or what new things I was learning on my swim team. I also really admire your generosity and care. I still remember that one time I was over playing with the kids and you went to the bank and brought us all home the new golden dollar coins. We were all so excited and I thought it was so thoughtful of you to do that. You always included me in your family's outings, dinners, fun times, and family and I am so blessed. I felt like the fifth Thompson kid!

Of all the memories I had, one of my favorites had to be the time that I wanted so bad to go to Bryce Canyon and take a picture just so I could bring it home to you. Dad had picked me up from a summer swim camp in Salt Lake City and on the way home to St. George we visited many national parks. Bryce Canyon was one that we were not going to visit though because it was to far off the route to drive home. But I wanted to go so bad so I could get that picture for you!! So I begged and begged Dad and he finally agreed and we drove all the way over and got an amazing picture of YOUR canyon! I could not wait to get home and print a copy and give it to you. I do not have a lot of old pictures on my computer but this is one I still have. I was just 13 years old then. :)



As I look at that canyon now, I cannot help but think of the God who created it and how he has all of life circumstances in his control. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is going through this cancer, but I do know the God of the Bible is a comforter, redeemer, healer, and Friend to those who call upon his name. I pray that if it be God's will, that he heal this awful disease. Your spirit and will to never give up is amazing! I know you are a fighter. You have been through so much and God has been faithful to bring you through it and now, Friend, keep fighting this battle!!! I have a necklace that is a shield and it has this bible verse on it that I thought would encourage you to keep on fighting! "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9). Don't stop fighting!!

I miss the years when my family lived next to your family, but boy am I grateful for all the memories I have. It always makes me smile to see pictures of the kids now and watch them grow to be big and strong... just like their Dad. I thought you may enjoy a few of the old pictures I have with them to remember how little they were and so you to can smile big at how much they have grown!











Thank you for giving me all the memories you did and for always going the extra mile to make me smile! It has been a few years since our families moved away but know you guys are always in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope one day I can visit soon. I now just turned 21 and have been driving for 5 years... I swam varsity all four years in high school and was offered academic and athletic scholarships to the top state universities in California. I am in my 3rd year of business school and loving every minute of it. Thank you for making an impact on my childhood years of life. Merry Christmas 2013 and a Happy and Healthy 2014! I love you guys!!

Andie Dill

  

I'm still smiling big! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment